I decided to go on a dietary adventure by eating a vegan diet for 30 days.
- For the challenge (vegetarian would be too easy).
- By significantly limiting myself I will have to get creative and come up with new recipes.
- Curiosity and experimentation.
- Learn more about plant-based eating.
- To practice the art of being charmingly difficult while eating out.
- To shake things up and keep things interesting.
For me the hardest part will be not having greek yogurt and my daily dose of chocolate. I also eat meat, eggs and cheese somewhat regularly… but that will be easier to not have. Eating enough protein will also be a bit of a challenge. I will also have to put more thought into it because animal proteins have all the essential amino acids, but this isn’t the case with plant-based proteins.