Quinoa is a great filling alternative to rice or pasta and it gives a nice boost of protein. I threw the quinoa together with a bunch of other ingredients and this was the result. Enjoy 🙂
*The sodium intake will vary depending on which specific brands are used. Look for unsalted frozen spinach to have it lower than the one listed in the nutrition facts.
- 1.5 cup Quinoa (cook with 3 cups of water)
- 1 full bag of Frozen Spinach (2-3 cups)
- 1/2 Onion
- 6 cloves of Garlic
- Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup of Grated Parmesan
- 1/8 cup of Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup of Liquid Egg Whites
* Serves 6
- Cook Quinoa (2 cups of water for 1 cup of quinoa). Put in pot and bring to boil, them put stove on low. Cook until ready (~15 minutes).
- Cook frozen spinach in microwave, cook according to instructions on bag.
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Put all ingredients listed in oven dish and stick in the oven for about 15 minutes at 300 F.