Peanut butter and jelly is one of the most popular sandwiches. While it is delicious, it is basically a candy bar. Not to mention, the most popular peanut butter, jellies and breads are high in added sugar and contain toxic ingredients. I decided to give this a nutritional upgrade to something that is a little more useful to your body.
- Jif Creamy Peanut Butter: Roasted peanuts, sugar, molasses, fully hydrogenated vegetable oils (rapeseed and soybean), mono and diglycerides, salt.
- Welch’s Grape Jelly: Concord Grapes , Corn Syrup , High Fructose Corn Syrup , Fruit Pectin , Citric Acid , Sodium Citrate
- Wonder Bread: wheat flour, water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, soybean oil, barley, malt, wheat gluten, salt, calcium carbonate, sodium stearoyl lactylate, vitamin d3, vinegar, mono and diglycerides, calcium sulfate, monocalcium phosphate, yeast nutrients (ammonium chloride and ammonium sulfate), enzymes, yeast extract, wheat starch, calcium dioxide, ferrous sulfate, “B” vitamins, soy lecithin, azodicarbonamide, soy flour, whey, calcium propionate, datem, sorbic acid
Almond Butter and Blueberries
- Whole Foods Freshly Ground Almond Butter: Almonds
- Maria and Ricardo’s Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Tortilla: organic whole wheat flour, water, sunflower oil, cultured wheat flour added with vinegar, salt, sugar, lecithin, organic guar gum, citric acid, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), sodium bicarbonate
If you want to further upgrade the bread, try Engine 2 Sprouted Ancient Grains Tortilla (I didn’t have it in when I made this, but it’s my tortilla of choice)