Black beans are one of the best budget-friendly healthy foods. They are an excellent source of iron, fiber and other nutrients. They also are great for making dishes with a Southwestern flavor.
- 1 cup Black beans (cooked)
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Avocado
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Cayenne pepper powder
- Salt (if beans are unsalted/ low sodium)
- Prepare black beans as packaging instructs. (Remember to think ahead if you are using dry beans)
- Let cool in refrigerator.
- Chop veggies and add to black beans.
- Add lime juice, salt and cayenne.