- 1 can of Chickpeas (low sodium)
- 3/4 cup of Brown Basmati Rice
- 2 Tomatoes
- 4 oz. Tomato Paste (low sodium)
- 1/2 Onion
- 4 cloves of Garlic chopped finely
- 1-2 Tbsp of Fresh Ginger chopped finely
- A few splashes of Lemon Juice
- Curry Powder
- Cayenne Pepper Powder
*Makes 2 servings
1. Cook rice as instructed.
2. Chops tomatoes and onions and heat in sauce pan with 1/2 cup of water.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the sauce and simmer until the rice is ready.
4. Combine rice and sauce.