Recently I tried out Vega’s protein powder out of curiosity. Normally, I stick to whole foods and get my protein from beans, nuts and seeds. While it is relatively easy to meet protein recommendations on a vegan diet, protein powders are a convenient way to give your protein a boost if you are looking to do that.
What I Like About Vega Protein & Greens:
- Gluten-free, soy-free and vegan. This makes Vega a good option for people with allergies as well as vegans.
- Decent percentage of calories from protein. 72% of calories come from protein.
- Contains 2 servings of greens.
- Good source of calcium and iron.
What could be better:
- I thought there was way too much stevia in this. I would have preferred much less or none at all. The sweetness part may be because I blended it with a banana.
- I would prefer if Vega listed all of the micronutrients. While it says it contains 2 servings of Vega’s greens blend, it doesn’t list all the micronutrients on the nutrition label. I also didn’t see any products on Vega’s site selling just greens, so I couldn’t figure out the micronutrients from that either.
Overall, I think this is a good option for anyone looking to boost their protein intake in a convenient way. This is especially good for vegans and people allergic to ingredients in other protein powders, like dairy and soy.