- 2 cans or 3 cups of Chickpeas (save of the juice).
- 3 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 6 tbsp of Basil Paste (or fresh basil if you have it in)
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste (optional)
*Makes 6 servings
**Use vegetable broth if you don’t use canned chickpeas.
- Add 1 can of chickpeas into a blender with the chickpea juice until smooth.
- Add in the pine nuts, garlic, basil/ basil paste, olive oil and lemon juice. Blend.
- Strain the second can of chickpeas and add to the blender. Add the juice until the right texture is reached.
- Keep blending until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy with whole wheat pita, add to a wrap, use in a salad or dip your favorite veggies in it.