One of the great uses of cheese is how easily you can make it a topping for almost any savory dish and it almost always will make it more delicious. This is part of what makes giving up cheese one of the hardest parts about going vegan. While this recipe isn’t made to taste like parmesan, it works as a healthy and tasty alternative that has a similar use and effect.
Sprinkle it on top of pasta, a salad or anything else you can think of.
- 2/3 cup of Roasted, Unsalted Cashews
- 1/3 cup of Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp of Lemon Pepper
- 1 tbsp of dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp of dried Parsley
- Add salt and pepper as preferred.
*Makes 6 servings
- Add cashews into high speed blender (e.g. Vitamix) or food processor until it forms a powdery texture. Stop once a powdery texture is reached, otherwise it will turn into a nut butter.
- Mix nutritional yeast and seasonings with cashew powder in a bowl.
- Sprinkle onto pasta, salad or any other recipe to your liking.