- 1 cup of Dry Roasted Cashews
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 handful of Fresh Dill
- 1 handful of Fresh Parsley
- 1 handful of Chives
- 2 tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp of Lemon Pepper
- 1/4 Cup of Nutritional Yeast
- Salt and Pepper to taste
*Makes 8 servings
*Dried herbs can work in substitution of fresh herbs if necessary
- Blend cashews in high speed blender or food processor until a powdery consistency.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until a smooth consistency is reached.
*Make sure your blender or food processor can handle nuts.
I decided to go on a dietary adventure by eating a vegan diet for 30 days.
- For the challenge (vegetarian would be too easy).
- By significantly limiting myself I will have to get creative and come up with new recipes.
- Curiosity and experimentation.
- Learn more about plant-based eating.
- To practice the art of being charmingly difficult while eating out.
- To shake things up and keep things interesting.
For me the hardest part will be not having greek yogurt and my daily dose of chocolate. I also eat meat, eggs and cheese somewhat regularly… but that will be easier to not have. Eating enough protein will also be a bit of a challenge. I will also have to put more thought into it because animal proteins have all the essential amino acids, but this isn’t the case with plant-based proteins.