- 2 cans or 3 cups of Chickpeas (save of the juice).
- 3 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 6 tbsp of Basil Paste (or fresh basil if you have it in)
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste (optional)
*Makes 6 servings
**Use vegetable broth if you don’t use canned chickpeas.
- Add 1 can of chickpeas into a blender with the chickpea juice until smooth.
- Add in the pine nuts, garlic, basil/ basil paste, olive oil and lemon juice. Blend.
- Strain the second can of chickpeas and add to the blender. Add the juice until the right texture is reached.
- Keep blending until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy with whole wheat pita, add to a wrap, use in a salad or dip your favorite veggies in it.
- 1 Onion
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Portabello Mushroom
- 2 Tbsp of Earth Balance
- 2 cups of Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tbsp of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/6 Cup of White Flour
*Makes 6 servings
**Ingredients adjustable to personal preference
- Chop veggies into small pieces.
- Cook onions and carrots in a wok with the Earth Balance.
- Once the carrots and onions somewhat cooked, add the mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms have cooked decently, add the broth and soy sauce.
- Finally, add the flour until desired texture is reached.
- 2 cans or 3 cups (cooked) of Chickpeas
- 2 tbsp of Earth Balance or Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- 4 tsp of Capers
- 1 medium Onion
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 cup of Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup of Unsweetened Soy Milk
- 1/8 cup of White Wine
- 2 cups of Spinach
*Makes 4 servings.
- If using dried chickpeas, cook ahead of time.
- Cook onions and garlic with Earth Balance or oil in a large pan.
- Once the onions are somewhat cooked, add all remaining ingredients except the chickpeas.
- Once the spinach has reduced in size, add the chickpeas.
- Cook until chickpeas are adequately heated.
- Serve with brown rice or more vegetables.